Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Radiocoversdot Com


I found a couple of years ago some great felt covers for radio gear by Radiocoversdot Com. Each one is made to fit the particular radio model. The embroidery is a nice touch.
Keeping the radios under the covers has really kept them looking nice and free of dust in the tiny crevasses. My only pet peeve is that the mic connector on the front must be removed for them to fit right. Small inconvenience, though.
They are fairly inexpensive and are a great value. here, the blue one for the IC-746 is about 2-3 years old, and the black one for the Yaesu is about a year old. The cleaning instructions state to be dry cleaned only, lest you will end up with a new keyer cover! HI!
I didn't really mean for this to sound like an advertisement, as I have no vested interest in this company. Just its something that has really worked well for me.

No comments: