Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I'm Flabbergasted!

I won 1st place (Mobile/In-State) in 2007 NC QSO Party!

Pinch me, is it real? Check it out!

It was a very slim victory, but even coming close to Jeff, NY4N, would have made me happy. Maybe Jeff just had an off day. I actually e-mailed Jeff last year after the 2006 event which he won and asked for some tips. He was more than helpful, a true sportsman and gentleman.

I have to mention, also, Jeff, NX9T. He only made 15 QSOs, all with me (I presume). He even went to the trouble to submit his log so as to facilitate my confirmation in the log checking. Class act, Jeff, thanks! Those 15 Q's (when weighted with my 57 multiplier) represented the value of my margin of victory.

Also, my friend Barry, K4CZ followed me for a much appreciated number of Q's. Seems that maybe Barry got into it as a result because he walked away with second place overall in the fixed single-op category. I remember Barry asking me if I thought anyone would want a Q from Durham county. I guess they did!

Last, but certainly not least, go my thanks to my lovely and gracious XYL, Christina, KC4HDI (You're still a YL in my eyes, honey!) for driving me while I operated, the whole 10 hours. We made only 3 stops; one for gas, one for the flat tire in the rain (a famous story by now, I'm sure), and one necessary. I take back everything I said when you kept making wrong turns!

Up until now, the only wood on my wall was in some of the picture frames for my certificates.

Not any more!

No comments: