Wednesday, June 20, 2007

NU5DE

From the "Where in the heck did this come from" department:

"Special Events" column of July 2007 QST:

Jul 11 - Jul 15, 1800Z-2200Z, Austin, TX. Naturist Amateur Radio
Club, NU5DE. Nude Awareness Celebration - Nude Recreation Week.
21.365, 14.265, 7.256,. QSL, Naturist Amateur Radio Club, PO Box 200812,
Austin, TX 78720-0812. http://www.nu5de.org/

Reminds me of a Saturday night live skit. Who would have thought of combining these two hobbies? Good thing Amateur Radio is RADIO! I'm still laughing.

I don't know about you, but most clubs I've belonged to have 96% old men (of which I am included) and the thought of a similar demographic in this club send shivers up my spine! Here's something: Our Field day operation requests everyone have their own headset/boom mic and we standardised on Icom partly because of this. I'm guessing guys in this club bring their own chair? I could go on, but I'll quit while I'm ahead!

If you don't think I should have this on my blog, hey, I got this from QST magazine!

No comments: