Saturday, June 2, 2007

APRSing

Followup on the APRS Tracker...with only 2.5 watts out, it seems to be producing allot of hits in Findu, that's good. One thing I don't like, and remember from the original setup, is that the cannibalized radio (Alinco DJ-120) doesn't remember the settings when it is turned off. Could possibly be because it doesn't have a built in battery anymore. Makes it necessary to keep 12 v to it all the time.

Will have to find a solution.

This is a quick entry, as my work schedule is very intense right now. I missed the VE session today as I was too tired to even think straight.

Tar River ARC meeting is this Monday (June 4). My next post will be about that. I am not going to make an entry tomorrow as it is Sunday. I think I'll establish that policy is that Sunday will be a post free zone! It will give me a chance to think about some stuff and maybe take some pictures!

See you in the pileups! 73

No comments: